Whether you’re currently in the process of having a website designed, or thinking about it, an oft-forgotten element is the copy i.e. written content. Don’t fall into this trap. After all, you wouldn’t build a brand new house, only to then fill it with scrappy second-hand furniture, would you? Explore this 101 guide to web copy for small businesses and find out everything you need to know.
1. Understand the need for good copy
To stand out from every other small business, the quality of copy on your website is incredibly important. Particularly so in a time when attention spans are fleeting and customers have less time to decide what business they want to go to. With well written and easy to understand copy that draws a customer in, you’ll better communicate your brand and illustrate that you’re a professional business.
2. Get in front of more customers with SEO
What is SEO? Well, search engine optimisation (SEO) is a process of optimising your website to rank better in the eyes of a search engine e.g. Google. An important aspect of this is good quality content that includes ‘keywords’ someone might use when searching for your business. For example, someone searching for Shuttle Rocket might search ‘small business copywriters Melbourne.’ A good copywriter will be able to select the right words for you and draw in potential customers to your website.
Optimised content is incredibly important to the growth of your business, and utilising a copywriter to make sure your copy is a constant feature on Google is essential.
3. Speak to your audience regularly with a blog
You may think blogs are just for those wanting to talk about the latest food trend or their personal journeys, but blogs are a great asset to add to your website. Here are just three reasons for having a blog on your website:
- By blogging often, your regularly communicating and connecting with your audience, telling them that you’re an authority within your industry. And starting up a conversation. This can help build a sense of trust and showcase your expertise.
- A well written blog article keeps people on your site for longer, which has multiple benefits. One being that it tells Google your website has been helpful and can help push you higher in the search engine’s list of results.
- It allows you to build a content bank with plenty of relevant keywords and phrases. This is the sort of ‘SEO juice’ that Google loves.
4. Seek help from a professional copywriter
Why not writer your old web copy? Well, if you’ve learnt anything from the above, you now know how important good copy is to your small business’ website.
Here at Shuttle Rocket, our affordable and fast copywriting services can help make your small business stand out from the pack. Not sure where to start? Get in touch today and let us do the writing, so you don’t have to.